Mardi Gras is back. Hooray! Most of us are happy about this and ready to hit the streets for the greatest free show on earth. It is, however, advisable that everyone take some basic safety precautions when at the parades. The good folks at Lakeview Regional Hospital have gotten together and shared these excellent tips for staying safe while celebrating Carnival.
Basic Parade Safety
- Don’t fight with anyone for beads
- Don’t pick beads off the ground (to avoid getting your fingers stepped on)
- Bring healthy snacks with you
- Drink plenty of water–especially if you are drinking alcohol
- Don’t climb on structure to get closer to float riders.
Safety Tips for Kids
- Put your name and contact information on their clothing or arms.
- Keep them from getting too close floats
- Be wary of what they catch – especially for toddlers, who could choke on broken beads or the eye of a stuffed animal.
- Set up a meeting spot in case you are separated
- Tell them to find a police officer if they do get lost or feel threatened by another person
Covid Safety Tips
- If you feel sick, stay home.
- Social distance whenever possible.
- If social distancing isn’t possible, wear a mask.
- Bring plenty of hand sanitizer.
- Get vaccinated, or boosted, as soon as possible.
I hope all of these tips help everyone fully enjoy Carnival no matter how you celebrate it. A big thank-you to Lakeview Regional Hospital for providing us with these great tips!
Latest posts by Katy (see all)
- Twenty Fun Day Trips You Can Take From the Northshore - March 27, 2023
- What to Do With the Kids This Weekend - March 17, 2023
- Easter Activities on the Northshore - March 7, 2023